Monday, June 13, 2011

Hellmuth, Lebron - Rings, Bracelets Championships & missed Glory

Not really a basketball or sports fan for that matter - but what Lebron said about ppl judging him "reigns" true to me = “All the people that was rooting on me to fail, at the end of the day they have to wake up tomorrow and have the same life that they had before they woke up today. They have the same personal problems they had today. I’m going to continue to live the way I want to live and continue to do the things that I want to do with me and my family and be happy with that."LJ -- I don't know much about basketball and by reading the articles about it I guess he didn't preform at the top of his expectations but I do know he is a great basketball player recently being compared to Jordan for all time great. Although growing up watching MJ play I don't even know how this is a topic for discussion.

Lebron failing to win his Ring is very similar to the Great Phil Hellmuth failing to win his 12th bracelet last Sunday in the 2011 WSOP 2-7 Lowball vs John Juanda who earned his 5th bracelet. That's right i said Great Phil Hellmuth. While he is a whiny arrogant shit talkin Fuck of a Poker Player, he does have the most gold bracelets with 11,  the most WSOP final tables with 41 and most WSOP cashes with 80 (both including this latest final table). He won his World Championship bracelet besting Johnny Chan who was on his 3rd run at the World Championship. Not to mention he is a member of the Poker Hall of Fame.  Anyone who says Hellmuth can't play or is a whack or dated player don't know jack shit about poker or is just jealous.
I've noticed jealous people always try to bring down the guy at the top when they realize he's better than them to make themselves feel better that they've smeared the champ somehow.  This would happen when I would play high limit razz and go on sick runs. People would start to call me out calling me a horrible player saying I play like shit, this and that when it was obvious I was playing my best game optimal strategy. I was like what is the basis for your shit talking?

I've always said about Hellmuth I respect him and think he's fuckin sick. 11 bracelets and ppl want to talk shit about him. Damn thats like deadly fire I would put all them bracelets on a baseball bat and carry it with me to the table  - Yea he could probably handle himself with more class but with the whole sport gunning for your throne you have to give the guy some slack for being a little on edge. You try dominating a sport and see how well you handle it. If you were the best in the world at something (NL Hold-em tourns) God forbid your only human and you would probably talk shit about everyone else too. (especially idiots from northern Europe)

That's why I think Lebrons quote above is so awesome. He's pretty much saying Fuck the Haters I got what I got continue to hate. Anyhoo I'm guessing LJ will eventually win a ring, Hellmuth will undoubtly in my opinion win another bracelet, and more shmucks, and jellybean lowlifes will continue to hate on these great athletes / competetors.

Go for the glory, play for the gusto, shun all the haters and try to make it to the top in whatever venture you pursue. This is coming from someone with 0 bracelets but the drive, determination and the skill to hopefully compete and win Poker's ultimate prize one day. I know I'm good enough to sit at that table and I know for Fucks sake Imma Get rich or Die trying.







No comments:

Post a Comment